HOLIDAY EXTRAS TRAVEL INSURANCE
At Bird Holidays we believe that your safety is very important. It is a requirement when booking your holiday, that you arrange travel insurance with Holiday Extras, or alternatively arrange a policy with another insurance company.
We insist that your policy must provide for emergency medical expenses (minimum £1,000,000) and must have a 24 hour emergency telephone number. The extent of additional cover, such as insuring your belongings, personal liability and cancellation cover is a matter for you to choose.
In order to arrange a policy with Holiday Extras, you should telephone 0800 093 1900 and quote AD205.
A summary of Premium Cover arranged with Holiday Extras Ltd and underwritten by Allianz Global Assistance is given below. This summary is ONLY intended to outline the cover provided, and cover is subject to change after production of our brochure. The certificate itself defines the cover and exclusions in precise terms. PLEASE READ IT CAREFULLY. Should you find that this insurance cover is insufficient for your needs simply return the original certificate within 14 days of issuing or prior to travel (whichever is the sooner). The premium will be refunded provided no claim has been made.
Please note: This insurance can only be provided for people who live in the United Kingdom.
Cover for the insured person:-
24hr Personal assistance - £250
1. Cancellation or Curtailment - up to £5,000 (£75 excess).
2. Emergency medical and associated expenses - up to £10,000,000 (£100 excess).
3. Loss of passport - up to £300.
4. Delayed possessions - up to £100 after 12 hours.
5. Personal possessions - up to £2,000 (£75 excess).
6. Personal money - up to £300 (£75 excess).
7. Personal accident - up to £5,000.
8. Missed departure - up to £300 (£75 excess).
9. Delayed departure - up to £60 (£20 for each 12 hours). Abandonment - up to £5,000 (£75 excess).
10. Personal Liability - up to £2,000,000 (£60 excess).
11. Legal Expenses - up to £25,000.
12. End Supplier Failure - up to £5000.
Losses must be reported to the police within 24 hours. Damage by a carrier must be reported to them before leaving the airport.
You are required to take reasonable care to protect yourself and your property and to act as though you were not insured.
Pre-existing Medical Conditions
There are medical exclusions on the policy document. You will need to check these to see if you need to telephone the medical screening centre.
The insurance document includes details of a 24 hour emergency telephone number. This service includes repatriation arrangements by air-ambulance where deemed to be medically essential.
Holiday Extras can also provide you with annual travel insurance. Please contact them for a quote.